Symptoms that need your gunecologist's attention
Being a woman, it can be really hard to know what is “normal” when it comes to your reproductive health. Still considered as a sensitive issue, we never know when we are actually suffering from a problem. And for those who know, they feel inferior and embarrassed to open up to gynecologists.
Confused? Please have a look at these following things which you can and you should discuss with your gynecologist:
1. Once you attain your puberty, vaginal discharge will be a normal part of your life until menopause. The problem arises when your discharge is
- more often
- heavy (needs a pad)
- no discharge
- colored discharge
- discharge with a smell
2. While there is a problem of heavy bleeding and low bleeding during our menstrual cycle, another problem is bleeding between your periods. This is an uncommon condition and definitely needs the best gynecologist in Chennai’s attention.
3. Urinary Tract Infections once or twice in your lifetime is fine but if you get them more often, they can lead to more serious conditions such as infertility, kidney damage, etc. Some infections are also a sign of sexually transmitted diseases STDs and cancers of the reproductive tract. Some symptoms include:
- urge to frequently urinate
- feeling of not having urinating properly
- burning sensation while urination
- tension around your urinary tract
- abnormal smell
4. While you may experience some pain/ uncomfortableness/ blood during physical intercourse initially, experiencing them each and every time is not at all a normal condition. You may be suffering from a condition called vaginitis which can be both physical and psychological. Sooner you consult your doctor, the better.
5. Normally, the vagina is a self-cleaning organ. The vaginal discharge is one such important element for this self-cleaning mechanism. Vaginal dryness is a condition that you may experience when your discharge doesn't occur properly. Some of the symptoms of vaginal dryness are:
- Feeling extremely dry on the vaginal area
- Burning sensation
- Constant urge to itch
- Cuts, bumps due to itching/ constant rubbing
- Swollen vagina
Vaginal dryness ranges from person to person and needs proper diagnosis instead of self-medication.
While recognizing your symptoms is appreciable, you should not stop only there. What you do after recognizing your symptoms is the most important thing. Take immediate action. If you think you fall under even one above mentioned category, it is high time you should consider consulting the best gynecologist in Chennai before the problem gets worse. After all, it is your health, and taking proper care of it is no one else’s but your responsibility alone. It may be natural for you to feel shy or embarrassed, but it is always better to treat now than worry later. Gynecological symptoms also resemble highly with other urological problems and medical conditions. Always consult a physician for a proper diagnosis at Promed Hospital.